Sunday, March 20, 2011

For my Brother




This entry is for my Brother, so we can remember our parents.

Its important to acknowledge the past so we be in the future. I came across this important little poem last year while rummaging around level zero of the library, a dark and dusty place full of books written by men with good beards and bald heads.

I've kept it close, please clink on the poem to view.

Remember: our parents needed love too.

It has been one of my wishes that my thesis tells the story of my Father and his death, as well as the redemptive factors trust worthy people, and extensive networks of friends have buffered me from my own suicidal ideations (don't be shocked, nearly half the population of New Zealand experiences them every year).

So now, it is estuary of social history and social epidemiology that my thesis resides. A few good papers have finally come my way to pull everything together- these papers were published late 2010. I almost didn't find them until I attended a histories of suicide lecture at Victoria a few weeks ago (random).

Right now my thesis has 14 pages of references, but all together I've read well over 600 papers. I may not be a quick academic, but I am thorough.

No comments:

Post a Comment