Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Spiders


(Creatures with skeletons on the outside of their body are bound to be creepy)

A quick word on spiders: they are gnarly and they are everywhere. Opened my computer up and this guy popped out. Good morning! As I was pouring my muesli a cockroach was crawling around my bowl. Yum. On more adventurous trips to bath room I have a. watched a palm sized spider eat another dead palm sized spider, b. watched a spider eat a bee- that’s how badass they are, they eat bees, in bathrooms.

Bees are nice- they work all day to produce sweet honey for crumpets.

Spiders just sit there, waiting around all day to capture poor, lost, hard working bees. The spider wraps up it’s poisoned prey like a burrito and feasts on flesh rather than flowers.

Bees wander through the garden searching for bright objects to cuddle/ rub their legs all over.

If spiders ever wander they are on a mission to kill.

Being near the "bush" (in Wellington?) is character building.

1 comment: