Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Eating with Heart and Mind


The shopping needs to be done, food is running low.

This is a picture of what I bought two weeks ago:

1. Brush- Becuase I didn't have one (therefore I did not brush my hair for almost 4 months)
2. Toothpaste- Teeth yellowed from massive amounts of tea
3. Fair trade Whittakers Chocolate- NZ brand- I am trying them all (about 15 or so options)
4. Lotion- Wind!
5. Vogel loaf of bread- I am almost a fully converted kiwi
6. Heaps of fruit- Julia and I are very serious about the 5-a-day rule
7. Naked Soups- For lunch at school, fair trade, some proceeds go to Oxfam

Most of the food I buy is shared between Julia and I. We cook and eat dinner together most nights, on weekends I typically fend for myself. Lunch is always prepared before I leave. I hate buying lunch. Porridge every morning with brown sugar. We try as much as possible to buy local, and fair trade products. In New Zealand it's actually not that hard or expensive be a very conscience grocery shopper.

Wonder what to pick up for the next two weeks...fruit and soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment