Sunday, July 11, 2010

Christchurch II

(possum fur!)

(my friend Janice and her sister Vanessa)

(Christchurch Art Gallery)

(in front of the art gallery)


(Christchurch common folk hanging about the square)

While meandering through Christchurch I ran into my friend Janice and her younger sister, Vanessa- so we spent the day hanging about. Janice is a chemistry PhD candidate at Victoria, and fellow church goer. This is one of the better sister stories I have heard- Janice and her sister unknowing bought the same jacket in different colors at different times. Oh sisters, how I love them!

The art meusem is free, so I frequented it about four times over the course of a week. In an effort to sort through the contents of my backpack I unpacked Ranier Maria Rilke's Letter to a Young Poet...one of the workers was absolutely delighted to see I was reading this and throughout the week dropped little bits and pieces of information on his favorite literary works. It was an encouraging relationship! How random and lovely life can be if we unpack in front of others.


No comments:

Post a Comment